Cub Scout Pack 659 is chartered with the Nysmith School in Herndon, Virginia and is part of the Powhatan District, National Capital Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Our focus is to provide a variety of activities to promote the core goals of Scouting - Citizenship, Character Development, and Personal Fitness (both mental and physical) in a safe and nurturing environment for boys in First Grade through Fifth Grade. The Cub Scouting year begins each August and runs through June during the normal school year with optional actvities planned during the summer months.
Want to learn more about Cub Scouting? Visit JoinCubScouting.org
Interested in joining Cub Scouts? Download Youth Application Form
Want to speak with a Unit Leader? Contact Us
- Pack 659 was first chartered in 2002
- Current Members = 27 Scouts (2012/2013 Year)
- Quality Unit Award for 2010
- Summer Time Activity Award earned by 11 Cub Scouts in 2012
- Awarded Commissioner's Ribbon at CubWorld in 2011!
What are some of the things we do in Pack 659?
- Meet monthly as a Pack (all boys) to celebrate various achievements, learn more about Scouting & participate in various activities
- Dens meet weekly/twice monthly to conduct age-appropiate activites and work on achievements needed for boys to earn their next badge of rank.
- Review the Cub Scout Trail of Advancement (below) for additional information on the various badges of rank and requirements to achieve that rank below
- Support the Scouting for Food campaign by collecting non-perishable food items for donation to local food pantry and shelters
- Participate in an annual fundraising activity by selling Trail's End popcorn
- The funds earned support/offset the cost of rechartering and various activities for all the boys throughout the Scouting year
- Conduct two or three overnight campouts in early fall and late spring at regional BSA Council approved campsites
- Hosts the annual Pinewood Derby races every Janaury
- Celebrate scouting's heritage and the year-long achievements of the boys at the Blue & Gold Banquet each spring
- Pack 659 visits CubWorld Resident Overnight Camp at Camp William B. Snyder in Haymarket, VA every summer
- ... And a whole lot more!